Indian Premier League, a very lucrative and cash-rich tournament, has written several rags to riches stories in its 15-year history. Over the years, several cricketers have taken home life-changing contracts worth crores. Sam Curran is currently the all-time highest-paid player in IPL history. Check out the top 10 highest-paid players in IPL 2023, which will get underway on March 31.
Table of contents
- 1. Sam Curran – Rs 18.5 crore (Punjab Kings)
- 2. Cameron Green – Rs 17.5 crore (Mumbai Indians)
- 3. Ben Stokes – Rs 16.25 crore (Chennai Super Kings)
- 4. Nicholas Pooran – Rs 16 crore (Lucknow Super Giants)
- 5. Harry Brook – Rs 13.25 crore (SunRisers Hyderabad)
- 6. Mayank Agarwal – Rs 8.25 crore (SunRisers Hyderabad)
- 7. Shivam Mavi – Rs 6 crore (Gujarat Titans)
- 8. Jason Holder – Rs 5.75 crore (Rajasthan Royals)
- 9. Mukesh Kumar – Rs 5.5 crore (Delhi Capitals)
- 10. Heinrich Klaasen – Rs 5.25 crore (SunRisers Hyderabad)
Top 10 Highest Paid Players in IPL 2023 Season
1. Sam Curran – Rs 18.5 crore (Punjab Kings)
Sam Curran became the highest-paid player in IPL 2023 after the Punjab Kings (PBKS) splurged a whopping Rs INR 18.5 crore to acquire his services for the 16th edition of the IPL. The England all-rounder is now the all-time highest-paid IPL player as well. Until the Kochi auction, the record was held by Chris Morris. Curran was the Player of the Tournament at the T20 World Cup in Australia last year, for picking up 13 wickets, including a 3 for 12 in the final against Pakistan.
2. Cameron Green – Rs 17.5 crore (Mumbai Indians)
Cameron Green was signed by Mumbai Indians for Rs 17.50 crore, becoming the second most expensive player in IPL 2023. Green debuted for Australia in T20Is in April 2022. In eight matches, he has a strike rate of 173.75 and with the ball, he has picked five wickets in seven outings. He also plays for Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash League.
3. Ben Stokes – Rs 16.25 crore (Chennai Super Kings)
Ben Stokes was signed by CSK for Rs. 16.25 crore. The all-rounder, who played a crucial role in England’s T20 World Cup winning campaign last year, is expected to bring a lot of value to CSK, who finished ninth in IPL 2022. The Rs 16.25 crore tag is the third joint-highest price tag ever in the IPL and also the biggest price tag for any CSK player.
4. Nicholas Pooran – Rs 16 crore (Lucknow Super Giants)
The West Indies batsman was signed by Lucknow Super Giants for Rs 16 crore. Pooran played for Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2022 and scored 306 runs in 14 games. However, he was released by the franchise ahead of the mini auction. Overall in his four seasons in the IPL, Pooran averages 26.06 with a strike rate of 151.24. He was appointed captain of the West Indies for the T20 World Cup, but stepped down from the role after the team’s poor show at the event.
5. Harry Brook – Rs 13.25 crore (SunRisers Hyderabad)
The England batsman was signed by the Sunrisers for Rs 13.25 crore, almost ten times more than his base price of Rs 1.5 crore. This is the first time Brook will be part of the IPL. Since making his T20I debut in 2022 against West Indies, the young batsman averages 26.57 at a strike rate of 137.77.
6. Mayank Agarwal – Rs 8.25 crore (SunRisers Hyderabad)
Mayank Agarwal is another player on whom SRH spent a big sum of money – Rs 8.25 crore. Agarwal, who played for the Punjab Kings since 2018, was released by the franchise ahead of the auction. In 113 IPL games, Agarwal has scored 2,331 runs at a strike rate of 134.51.
7. Shivam Mavi – Rs 6 crore (Gujarat Titans)
Uncapped fast bowler Shivam Mavi was sold for Rs 6 crore to the Gujarat Titans. The fast bowler, who made a big impression with his performance at the U19 World Cup, has so far played 32 games in the IPL, picking 30 wickets at an economy rate of 8.71
8. Jason Holder – Rs 5.75 crore (Rajasthan Royals)
Rajasthan Royals spent Rs 5.75 crore to acquire the services of West Indies all-rounder Jason Holder. However, the price tag is lesser than what Holder earned at the 2022 auction – Rs 8.75 crore. Overall, he has taken 35 wickets in the IPL at an economy rate of 8.2 and scored 189 runs at a strike rate of 121.15.
9. Mukesh Kumar – Rs 5.5 crore (Delhi Capitals)
Bengal pacer Mukesh Kumar will play for Delhi Capitals, who acquired his services for Rs 5.5 crore. The fast bowler, who claimed 20 wickets in 5 matches for Bengal on his Ranji Trophy debut, earned his maiden India call-up for the South Africa ODIs last year in October.
10. Heinrich Klaasen – Rs 5.25 crore (SunRisers Hyderabad)
South African wicketkeeper batsman is the tenth-highest paid player in IPL 2023 after being bought by SRH for Rs 5.25 crore. He also became the most expensive South African player in this season of the cash-rich tournament. Klaasen, who has played two seasons of IPL in the past, has 66 runs from seven games.
You too can be a part of the IPL this season. Download the WinZO app, make your fantasy team and play with the best players.