Card games have been all-time favorites all over the world for centuries. Here we are going to talk about another most loved card game UNO in this article.
UNO is a popular card game played by millions of people worldwide. It is a simple yet exciting game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The game has a rich history and has been a favorite pastime for many families and friends.
Table of contents
Origin and History of UNO
UNO was invented in 1971 by Merle Robbins, a barber from Ohio, USA. He created the game to play with his family and friends during his free time. The game was initially called “Crazy Eights” and was played with a regular deck of playing cards. However, Merle decided to create his deck with different colors and numbers to make the game more exciting. The game has a rich history. It was created as an adaptation of the card game Mau-Mau, by Merle Robbins in Reading, Ohio. He sold it first to family and friends before taking it to a toy fair where it was picked up by International Games Inc (IGI). From there, Uno went from strength to strength with increasing sales each year.
How to Play UNO & Its Rules
The UNO game is played with a deck of 108 cards in the following manner:
- 108 cards are in 4 different colors: RED, BLUE GREEN, and YELLOW
- Each color has 25 cards, which are numbered from 0 to 9
- Also, there are the following special cards that allow players to play some special moves.
- 8 Skip cards: – The “Skip” card allows a player to skip the next player’s turn
- 8 Reverse cards: – The “Reverse” card changes the direction of play.
- 8 “Draw two” cards: – This ” card forces the next player to draw two cards and skip their turn.
- 4 “Wild” cards”: – Thesecan be played on any color and allows the player to choose the color to be played next.
- 4 “Wild Draw Four” cards: – Thiscard works the same way as the “Wild” card but also forces the next player to draw four cards and skip their turn.
Rules of Playing UNO
The objective of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all their cards.
- The game begins by dealing seven cards to each player, and the remaining cards are placed in a draw pile.
- The top card of the draw pile is then turned over to start the discard pile.
- Players must match the card on top of the discard pile either by color or number.
- If a player cannot play a card, they must draw one card from the draw pile.
- If the drawn card can be played, the player may do so. Otherwise, the player’s turn ends.
- If a player has only one card left, they must say “UNO” to indicate they are down to their last card.
UNO in Modern Days
The game has been incredibly popular since its release and has seen a surge in its online presence. In the past year alone, there have been numerous Uno tournaments hosted both online and in person. Now you can challenge your friends or strangers around the world with just one click! It’s no wonder why this classic family favorite has become such an online hit.
While Uno is making a big splash online. You can easily play with people around the world while competing for coins and awards. The online version of Uno can be quite intense-you need to think ahead of your opponents and know when to play those special action cards. It’s fast-paced and exciting, so if you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, look no further than Uno Online!
In conclusion, Uno is a beloved card game that has withstood the test of time. It’s engaging rules and vibrant colors have made it a hit among gamers of all ages. Whether you’re playing in your living room or competing online, Uno is sure to be a fun-filled experience! So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to shout “Uno!” and start playing today!