Are you looking for a guide or some magic tips and tricks to nail the most popular card game 3 Patti? If you want to become the master of Teen Patti in front of your friends & family, then keep scrolling, you have landed at the right place. In this blog, we going to discuss all about Teen Patti.
Teen Patti is usually played with a standard 52-card deck without jokers. The game can be played by 3 to 6 players or even more in some variations. Each player is dealt three cards, and they form the best possible hand out of those cards.
The game revolves around betting. Players place bets or chips into the pot in a clockwise manner. The betting continues until one of the following occurs. All but one player folds, in which case the remaining player wins the pot. All players except one match a previous player’s bet, in which case there is a showdown to determine the winner.
Table of contents
Teen Patti Sequence & Rules
The key to success at Teen Patti is understanding various rules, winning patterns, and sequences. Different hands vary in strength according to particular rulesets and by reading up on different hands, you can increase your chances of winning.
Teen Patti is played with a standard 52-card deck and can be played by 3 to 6 players. Each player places an equal amount of money into the pot, and the game proceeds with players taking turns to bet or fold. With its simple gameplay and exciting twists, Teen Patti has gained immense popularity in recent years, both online and offline.
Here are the Key Rules of Teen Patti
- Teen Patti is played with a standard deck of 52 cards.
- Each player is dealt three cards face-down.
- The game begins with a small forced bet, known as the ante.
- Players have the option to either see their cards or play blind.
(If a player chooses to play blind, they must place their bet without seeing their cards. If a player chooses to see their cards, they must place a bet that is equal to or higher than the ante).
- Once all players have placed their bets, the dealer reveals the cards.
- The player with the best hand wins the pot. The sequence determines the ranking of hands, with the highest sequence being a trail or set, followed by a pure sequence, a sequence, a pair, and a high card.
- In the event of a tie, the player with the higher-ranking sequence wins.
- Players can choose to fold, which means they forfeit their cards and any bets they have placed, and cannot win the game after folding.
- Players can choose to show their cards but they must have a better hand than the previous player who showed their cards.
- The dealer position rotates clockwise after each hand.
Teen Patti Card ranking and winning suits
After understanding the gameplay of Teen Patti, it is important to learn about various winning patterns related to card ranking in Teen Patti as they form dynamic card combinations.
Following are the Teen Patti’s card ranking from highest to lowest: – EXPLAINING WINNING PATTERNS
- Trail or Set: This is the highest-ranking hand in Teen Patti, consisting of three cards of the same rank. For example, three Aces or three Kings. If two or more players have a Trail or Set, the player with the highest-ranking set wins.
- Pure Sequence: This is a hand where three cards of the same suit are in sequence. For example, Ace, King, and Queen of Spades. If two or more players have a Pure Sequence, the player with the highest-ranking sequence wins.
- Sequence: This is a hand where three consecutive cards are not of the same suit. For example, Ace, King, and Queen of any three suits. If two or more players have a Sequence, the player with the highest-ranking sequence wins.
- Color: This is a hand where three cards of the same suit are not in sequence. For example, Ace, Jack, and 9 of Hearts. If two or more players have a Color, the player with the highest-ranking Color wins.
- Pair: This is a hand where two cards are of the same rank, and the third card is unrelated. For example, two Kings and a 7. If two or more players have a Pair, the player with the highest-ranking Pair wins.
- High Card: If none of the above patterns are present, the highest-ranking card in the hand is used to determine the winner. For example, if two players have a hand consisting of 10, 8, and 7, the player with the highest-ranking card (in this case, the 10) wins.
It’s important to note that if two or more players have the same ranking hand, the winner is determined by the highest-ranking card in the hand.
NOTE: – It’s important to note that the Ace card can be used as both high and low in Teen Patti. This means that in a sequence, A-2-3 is a valid sequence, as is Q-K-A.
In Teen Patti, the suits of the cards (Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, and Clubs) are not relevant for the hand rankings, except for the Pure Sequence hand.
For a Pure Sequence hand, all three cards must be of the same suit. For example, Ace, King, and Queen of Spades. A sequence of three consecutive cards of different suits would be ranked lower than a Pure Sequence.
In all other cases, the suits of the cards do not matter. For example, if two players have a Pair, the rank of the Pair is determined by the rank of the cards, not by their suits.
Common Terms Used in Teen Patti Game
Boot (Ante, Entry Fee, or Pot)
The boot, also known as ante, entry fee, or pot, represents the minimum sum collectively wagered by all players on the table before the dealer distributes the cards. It establishes the initial pot or the game’s starting point and is considered a compulsory bet.
In Teen Patti, a post denotes the obligatory contribution made by players who join the game after the boot phase. Similar to an ante, this ensures a minimum pot value is in place before the cards are dealt.
The stake amount signifies the blind player’s bet for their upcoming turn. If a seen player places this bet, the stake for the subsequent player is halved. However, if the next player opts to play blind, the bet matches or is twice the stake amount.
A blind player is one who chooses to make a bet without examining their cards. Blind players can choose between playing blind, folding, or showing. Should the first player select to play blind, the current stake matches the boot.
A seen player has reviewed their cards and can engage in actions like chaal, pack, show, or request a sideshow. This privilege provides them with valuable insights into their opponents’ hands before making their decisions.
Call & Raise (Chaal)
Chaal entails placing a bet equivalent to the ongoing stake, permitting players to stay in the game without folding or increasing the bet.
Sideshow or Backshow
A sideshow involves a player’s request to compare their cards with those of the previous player. This request can only be made if no other player has sought a sideshow earlier.
Teen Patti Hands
Teen Patti hands encompass the various card combinations players can hold, including sequences (consecutive cards of any suit), trails (three cards of the same rank), pairs, colors (three cards of the same suit), pure sequences (consecutive cards of the same suit), and high cards.
No Limit is a betting structure in Teen Patti that allows players to bet any amount of chips or money they possess at any time. There are no maximum limits on bets, granting players the freedom to make bold moves and go all in.
Fixed Limit constitutes a betting structure in Teen Patti where predetermined minimum and maximum bet limits are in place for each round. Players must adhere to these limits, and bets cannot be altered during the hand.
Pot Limit is a betting structure in Teen Patti where the maximum bet a player can place equals the current pot size. Players can raise their bets up to the amount already in the pot, introducing excitement and potential winnings.
Spread Limit is a betting structure in Teen Patti featuring a range of permissible bet sizes. Players can select any bet within the specified range, offering flexibility while still maintaining control over bet sizing.
Play Teen Patti and Win Real Cash Online
Playing Teen Patti for real cash is more than just a catchy phrase; it represents the opportunity to use actual money in the online adaptations of the beloved Indian card game Teen Patti. This transformation has reshaped the way people savour the game, melding the excitement of winning real money with the convenience of online gaming.
The allure of the Teen Patti real cash game lies in its accessibility from the comfort of your own home. You can simply log in to a trusted website or app, initiate a deposit, and dive into the gameplay. The winnings earned are readily withdrawable to your bank account, infusing the entire experience with a sense of exhilaration and gratification.
Teen Patti Hands Rankings
Trail or Three of a Kind (Triplet)
The pinnacle of Teen Patti hands, a Trail, is achieved when you hold three cards of the same rank. For instance, 333, AAK, or QQQQ. In the case of a tie, the player with the highest-ranked set of three cards emerges as the victor.
Pure Sequence or Straight Flush
This hand comprises three cards of the same suit arranged in consecutive order. For example, 567 of hearts, AKQ of spades, or 234 of clubs. The ace can serve as either the highest or lowest card in a pure sequence. In a tie, the player with the highest-ranking card claims the win.
Sequence or Straight
A Sequence involves three cards arranged in consecutive order, irrespective of their suits. For instance, 568, AKQ, or 235. The ace can assume the role of either the highest or lowest card in a sequence. In the event of a tie, the player with the highest-ranking card prevails.
Color or Flush
This hand consists of three cards sharing the same suit, though not necessarily in sequential order. For example, 3H 5H 9H, KQJ of hearts, or 236 of clubs. In case of a tie, the player holding the highest-ranking card emerges as the winner.
A Pair includes two cards of the same rank and one unmatched card. For instance, QQ2, 335, or AA9. When two players possess a Pair, the one with the higher-ranked pair takes the pot. If the pairs are of equal rank, the player with the highest unmatched card secures the victory.
This hand involves three cards that do not form any recognized combination. The hand with the highest card wins. For example, 987, KQJ, or A23. When two players have a High Card, the player holding the highest card prevails.
Teen Patti Variations
Teen Patti is a popular gambling card game that originated in the Indian subcontinent. The game has been played in India for many generations, Over time, the game has spread to other parts of South Asia, and it is now played in many countries around the world. Teen Patti is similar to other popular card games like poker and three-card brag, which are also believed to have originated in Europe and the United Kingdom, respectively.
Since it has vast background, there are several variations in Teen Patti. Here are the most popular Teen Patti variations:
Classic Teen Patti
This is the most commonly played version of the game, and is believed to have originated in the Indian subcontinent.
This is a variant of Teen Patti that is popular in India and Pakistan. In Muflis, the lowest-ranking hand wins, instead of the highest-ranking hand.
Best of Four
This is a variant of Teen Patti that is popular in India. In Best of Four, each player is dealt four cards, and they must make the best three-card hand from those four cards.
Lowest Card Joker
This is a variant of Teen Patti that is popular in India. In Lowest Card Joker, the player with the lowest card becomes the Joker and can be used as any card to complete a hand.
High Card Variation
In this variation, only the highest card amongst all players will be considered for checking the winner. If all players have the same highest cards, then a second high card will be used for comparison and so on till there is a different card among them or all suits have been compared not leaving any cards for comparison left in hands of any players.
Many other variations of Teen Patti are played in different parts of the world, each with its own unique rules and variations.
How to Play Teen Patti
This Teen Patti game is played with 3-6 players sitting around a table, and the players need to end with the highest-ranking hand at the end of the game. While Teen Patti is a game of luck and skill, and understanding the rules and variations can help you improve your chances of winning.
One of the key rules of Teen Patti is the compulsory bet called the “boot”. After the boot, players have to choose in order to see their cards (place a bet equal to the boot), play blind (place a bet half the size of the boot without seeing their cards), or fold (quit the game). The game then proceeds with rounds of betting and players can choose to increase the bet, call (match the current bet), or fold.
The ranking of hands in Teen Patti (Teen Patti sequence) is very similar to what we follow in poker. Sequence in three patti is as follows – three-of-a-kind being the highest-ranking hand followed by a straight flush, a straight, and so on. However, a “pure sequence” or a “run” is also considered a high-ranking hand in the game. Players who have the highest sequence in 3 Patti have a better chance of winning.
Teen Patti Tips and Tricks
Learning rules and gameplay is necessary but sometimes you need some more to win the game. To make you an expert in the game let’s look at some amazing major teen patti tips and tricks.
Well, every other person must have talked about strategies, patience, and decision-making tips but Teen Patti is much more than those common tips. Let’s explore some advanced ones-
- Be in budget: Teen Patti is a game of chance, and it’s important to manage your bankroll to ensure that you can keep playing for as long as possible. Set a budget for yourself and stick to it, and avoid chasing losses by betting more than you can afford.
- Know when to fold: Folding is a crucial part of Teen Patti’s strategy. If you have a weak hand, it’s often better to fold early and save your chips for a stronger hand later on. Learning to read your opponents and recognize when they may have a stronger hand than you is also important.
- Be aggressive: While it’s important to be mindful of your bankroll, overly cautious play can put you at a disadvantage. Sometimes playing aggressively can help you win more chips and make your opponents fold, but don’t take excessive risks that could lead to significant losses.
- Consider your position: Your position at the table can impact your gameplay, as players who act later in the betting round have more information. When you are in later positions, play more hands and make strategic bets. In contrast, be more cautious in early positions.
- Don’t give into emotions: Teen Patti can be an intense game, but it’s important to keep your emotions in check. Don’t let your emotions get the better of you, as this can cloud your judgment and lead to poor decisions.
- Take breaks: It’s important to take regular breaks while playing Teen Patti, especially if you’ve been playing for a long time. This can help you stay focused and refreshed, and prevent you from making impulsive decisions.
Whether you play Teen Patti offline or online you will always need some extra tips & tricks to save your pocket. By using these advanced tips and tricks, you can improve your Teen Patti gameplay and increase your chances of winning.
Never forget that Teen Patti is a game of chance, and luck plays a significant role in the outcome of each hand. However, by following these tips and strategies, you can increase your chances of winning and improve your overall gameplay.
Frequently Asked Questions about Teen Patti
Is Teen Patti also called Indian Poker?
Teen Patti, also known as Indian Poker, is a popular card game in India. It is typically played with 3-6 players and revolves around forming the highest-ranking hand to win the game.
How is Teen Patti different from Poker?
While both games share some similarities, Teen Patti and Poker differ in terms of rules and hand rankings. Teen Patti relies on three-card combinations, whereas Poker often involves five-card hands.
What are the basic rules of Teen Patti?
The game begins with a compulsory bet called the “boot.” Players can then choose to see their cards and place bets accordingly. The game proceeds with rounds of betting, and players can raise, call, or fold.
Is Teen Patti a game of skill or luck?
Teen Patti is a blend of skill and luck. While luck plays a role in the cards dealt, skill comes into play through strategic betting, reading opponents, and understanding the game’s dynamics.
What are the key hand rankings in Teen Patti?
The highest-ranking hand in Teen Patti is “three-of-a-kind” (trail), followed by “straight flush,” “straight,” and other combinations. A “pure sequence” (consecutive cards of the same suit) is also considered a high-ranking hand in the game.
WinZO Trending Card Games
Also, you can always give chance to other popular card games as well and earn real money and other exciting prizes with them.
Download India’s largest gaming platform WINZO now. And start having fun with
To sum up, although Teen Patti can seem complicated at first, with a basic knowledge of the rules and some practice, you can become an expert at this classic card game. Make sure to stick with the basics: form the best possible sequence, be aware of the master sequence, and keep observing your opponent’s cards to accurately judge their moves.
By understanding the rules and developing a sound strategy, you can increase your chances of winning at Teen Patti, whether you’re playing with friends or participating in online games. Don’t miss out on the excitement of this thrilling game – give it a try and test your skills!