Choose another country or region to see content specific to your location.
Sending link on
Didn’t receive the Download Link?
Scan the QR Code and Download the WinZO App on your phone. Get Rs. 550 sign-up bonus and play 100+ games
Table of Content
Chess Game Rules
Chess game is always considered to be a strategic game that asks us to consider every move that opponents could make. It is a game that improves our capacity for analytical thought and problem-solving. The game has been popular as an intellectual game for ages. But everybody can play chess.
If you want to grow better at the game and consistently score the most points, all you need to do is comprehend the rules that we have detailed for you. Here, we've outlined the main guidelines for the online Chess game that you should always remember if you want to succeed.
Tricks & Strategies to Win in Chess Game Online
- Always have a solid strategy before you make your moves
- We have already mentioned the value of Chess pieces, a player needs to understand the value of chess pieces.
- Be prepared to promote your pawn.
- Try to get Knights and Bishops out.
- Castling Move - where the player can advance both their King and Rook in one turn
Here are the key Chess Rules for Chess Piece Movement
- The pawn can only move forward and one square at a time. However, if the adjacent squares are empty and a pawn hasn't yet moved from its rank, it can choose to advance two squares at once. To take a piece, a pawn can advance one square diagonally.
- Only two squares can be moved by the Knight in any direction, and none of these squares can be in the same rank, file, or diagonal as the Knight. Only a portion of the square that a knight is moving to can be captured.
- The Bishop may move as many squares diagonally as they choose. The sole restriction is that it is unable to go to a square that is already occupied by a piece of the same colour.
- The number of squares the rook can move is entirely up to the player. It can only orient itself either horizontally or vertically.
- On the board, the Queen can move farther than any other piece. It can move however many squares the player wants it to in any direction—horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- The King's range of motion is rather limited. With the exception of 'castling' which allows a king to move two squares to the left or right, a king can only move horizontally, vertically, or diagonally to its nearby squares.
Frequently Asked Questions about Chess Rules
The next step is to play a lot of chess to practice and learn from every game after you have mastered the game's rules and how to play it. To learn and get better at chess, you can take lessons. Online chess tutorials are offered.
We have listed out all the moves above. You need to understand all the moves before making your play.
Taking control of the center first is the best move, but there is no single best move.
Chess is a strategic game where players need to always be thinking one step ahead. We have listed down all the best chess tips and tricks and how to play chess that will help you win the game.