Indian Premier League is the most loved T20 series worldwide where they invited national and international players to play in the series. It was started in 2008 with 8 teams with different franchises which were later sold in auctions held every year by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
However, the league has had its own share of controversies – none bigger than the spot-fixing scandal the rocked the IPL back on 2013. CSK and Rajasthan Royals (RR) were impacted with this revelation.
Well, one of the most popular and fourth most expensive team sold for $91 million in IPL is Chennai Super Kings (CSK) which gets into its shape under the captaincy of the most loved and expensive Indian player of all time, Mahendra Singh Dhoni who bought by team owners “India Cements” for $1.5 million at 2008 auction. In the IPL, Dhoni has led the Super Kings to win four out of nine finals, making him one of the most successful captains.
Why CSK Was Banned For 2 Years
- The RM Lodha Committee was established by the Supreme Court of India to investigate the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal.
- India Cements is the parent company of CSK – one of the most successful and followed franchises in the IPL.
- The practice of spot-fixing involves manipulating a specific part of a match in order to achieve a predetermined outcome.
- Betting refers to placing bets on the outcome of a game and is illegal in India.
- In 2015, CSK was handed a suspension for two years owing to their involvement in spot-fixing and betting.
- As a fan favorite and two-time winner, CSK’s suspension was a significant event in the history of the IPL.
- CSK made a comeback in 2018 and went on to clinch the title. This sparked immense joy and euphoria to the fanbase.
Cricket is a sport that fans enjoy playing as well as watching, which emphasises the need to uphold the game’s fairness and integrity. The suspension of CSK serves as a reminder of how crucial it is to take action to stop betting and spot-fixing in order to maintain the integrity of sports.
To Play a Fair Game Try This
E-gaming Industry allows us to play games from anywhere with anyone in the world and to keep it fair & square. India’s most popular online gaming platform, WinZO, has standardized rules for everyone to remain unbiased to its audience.
For you, WinZo comes with its Fantasy Cricket, where you’ll be able to create your virtual team from 11 real players and set a strategy to get to the top of the leaderboard. WinZo Fantasy Cricket will give you the chance to win real cash prizes, while you relive all your interesting memories and try out your best shots with friends.
WHERE TO FIND?
To Play your favorite sport on India’s largest online gaming platform, WinZo. You can simply download its app and start playing, it is available for both Android and IOS users. You can also click here- https://www.winzogames.com/ to download it.
Frequently Asked About CSK Banned in IPL
CSK was handed a suspension for two years due to their involvement in spot fixing. The side was banned from IPL in 2016 and 2017 and made a comeback to the league in 2018.
As things stand right now, the BCCI has employed strict anti-corruption rules in the IPL and hence, it will be difficult for players or officials to be involved in any form of match fixing.
Teams were not banned in the IPL. However, Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals were suspended from IPL for 2 years owing to their involvement in spot fixing.
CSK was suspended for two years from the IPL starting July 2015 due to the involvement of its owners in the 2013 IPL betting case. They made a comeback and won the title in 2018.