The Indian game distribution market is unique in a number of ways. First, it is a rapidly growing market. The Indian gaming industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% over the next five years, reaching $11.9 billion by 2025. This growth is being driven by a number of factors, including:
- The increasing affordability of smartphones
- The growing popularity of esports
- The government’s support for the gaming industry
India’s mobile gaming market has experienced a significant boost due to various factors:
In 2015, the rollout of 4G in India resulted in increased access to affordable yet powerful smartphones. Affordable internet tariffs following the Jio revolution further facilitated internet penetration across the country.
Rapid Growth In Mobile Internet Users:
From 200 million mobile internet users in 2016, India witnessed a substantial surge to 846 million users in recent times.
The COVID-19 pandemic acted as a catalyst, driving the demand for mobile gaming due to increased leisure time spent indoors.
Dominance in Game Downloads:
India emerged as the global leader in game downloads, surpassing other nations.
In the financial year 2021, the country recorded a staggering 15 billion game downloads, while the United States trailed behind with 4.8 billion downloads.
Distribution in India presents a unique challenge due to its diverse nature:
The inclusion of vernacular languages and Indian themes in apps and games is crucial for expanding the user base among non-English speaking clusters. With a significant 13% growth in new rural internet users (compared to 4% in urban areas), there is a clear preference for vernacular content.
WinZO recognized the significance of vernacular content in India early on. To cater to the diverse linguistic landscape, the app was launched in 12+ regional languages. Since implementing this approach, WinZO has witnessed the positive impact of providing users access to the platform in their native languages.
Currently, nearly 70% of WinZO users engage with the platform using non-English languages, highlighting the success of this language localization strategy. By embracing vernacular content and employing localized strategies, WinZO effectively targets and engages with this expanding user base in India.
- India’s diverse culture, with multiple languages and distinct traditions, significantly impacts distribution strategies.
- Varying festivals, customs, and traditions across different regions require tailored approaches to resonate with local audiences effectively.
- The growth of smartphone usage in India is now primarily driven by non-urban areas where non-English languages dominate.
- To effectively reach and engage with these audiences, content and distribution strategies must cater to regional languages.
- India’s vast geography and population distribution call for distribution models that can penetrate both urban and rural areas.
- The concentration of smartphone growth and potential consumers outside major cities emphasizes the need for localization and region-specific approaches.
Indian Game Distribution Market Skewed Towards Mobile Gaming:
Mobile gaming accounts for over 90% of the total gaming market in India. This is due to the fact that smartphones are the most popular gaming platform in India, and they are also the most affordable.
The distribution model employed by WinZO combines influencer-generated content with performance marketing techniques, resulting in sustainable content dissemination and user acquisition strategies. This approach effectively utilizes the strengths of influencers to generate engaging content while simultaneously driving user growth through targeted marketing efforts.
Overall, WinZO’s distribution model acknowledges the need for localization and cultural relevance in India, enabling the platform to effectively reach and engage with a wider audience through its extensive influencer network.
How WinZO Succeeded In The Indian Game Distribution Market:
- By optimizing games to run smoothly on these devices, WinZO has allowed developers to reach a larger audience and ensure their games are accessible to a wider range of players. The affordability and accessibility of free-to-play games, coupled with optimized performance on low-end devices, contribute to their popularity and effectiveness in engaging with the Indian gaming market.
- WinZO has enhanced the gaming experience in areas with limited resources and internet connectivity, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted experience tailored to the users’ preferred language. Additionally, WinZO addresses the challenge of high latency to further optimize gameplay. By reducing latency, players can enjoy smoother gameplay, experience fewer disruptions, and become more absorbed in the game’s narrative and mechanics.
- With a platform boasting 30 million Monthly Active Users (MAU), WinZO provides an extensive reach to a massive audience. This user base presents a significant opportunity for businesses to engage with a diverse set of consumers.
WinZO leverages its influencer network, consisting of popular gaming influencers, to amplify its reach and impact. These influencers have built a strong connection with their followers and possess the ability to effectively promote and endorse products or services on the WinZO platform. This collaboration with influencers enhances brand visibility and credibility among the target audience.
Gaming influencers play a crucial role in educating their audience about the games they play and stream, thereby enhancing the First Time User Experience (FTUE). It is worth noting that a portion of their audience represents a new generation in gaming, making their first in-game purchases. The presence of familiar faces endorsing games instils a sense of trust among users, further contributing to their willingness to engage with these games.
Are you excited to be a part of this journey and witness the phenomenal growth that is going on around us?